A message from our Administrative Team
Dear Students and Families,
A robust and high quality education is our shared mission. Toward that end, positive study habits help ensure our students are college and career ready upon graduation from high school. Please keep in mind the following suggestions:
- Time Management: Students should use a daily planner to plan out a balanced study plan a week in advance. This is especially important for our student-athletes and those who participate in the arts or clubs after school. Daily studying of class notes is essential, even if there is not a test the next day. Cramming for tests the night before is counterproductive and usually creates undue stress. By studying each day, you will have more time to absorb and understand the information. It also helps identify problem areas that may need extra attention.
- Ask for Help: If you do not understand something, it is very important to ask for help from your teacher. Concepts usually build upon another and if you do not understand a basic concept, it will be more difficult to understand a more sophisticated one.
- Be Organized: Students have many responsibilities and activities. Good organizational skills help students remember to do their homework and study for tests.
- Have a Positive Attitude: It is important for you to have a commitment to learning and the discipline to keep up with your schoolwork.
- Be Rested and Ready: Get a good night’s sleep the night before and eat breakfast.
- Be Motivated to do your best: Believe in yourself and your ability to succeed!
Effective communication between school and home is essential to student success. If there is anything we can do to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us. A good source of information is your student's teachers, guidance counselor or principal. Our administrative team is here to serve you.